Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Barn X

Today I wanted to work on some of my drawings and I pulled out a number of barn sketches that I had started a few years ago (see post on 28 September 2013).

I started  by working on the back part of the barn by tidying up the roof, giving definition to the barn boards and putting the frame around the window.

Next I started on the main barn putting the frames around the windows, the door jamb around the door and added the latch onto the door, leaving the concrete base of the wall untouched for now.
















I did the same to the front of the barn fixing the window, drawing in the barn boards and leaving the concrete alone.

The roof was the last thing that was worked on, putting in the roof cap and running the siding down to the edge of the roof.

Lastly, I indicated where the patches of snow would still be on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment