Friday, January 9, 2015

Koi 1 and 4 - Two Works in Progress

Well it is finally getting warmer, today is 8F (-13C) and with the wind chill -8F (-22C) which is much more tolerable than the cold that we have had over the past couple of days.

Today I had to sit at Art on Kent instead of on my usual Saturday as tomorrow I have a class at KAGS with John David Anderson.














Koi 1

With it starting to snow shortly after I arrived not many people came in, most probably preferred to go home and spend their evening in the comfort of their home. So I worked on a couple of the drawings of the koi I had started last year (see post on 06 and 18 July 2014).

Once I had tightened the details on the sketches it was time to paint in the background.














Koi 4

On the first one I painted the background using French ultramarine blue and on the second one I used Cobalt blue.

I will post each of these paintings at a later date one I have completed the koi.

No comments:

Post a Comment