Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Evening Sky 4 - A Work in Progress

It is cold outside with the temperature at 0F (-18C) and the wind making it feel like -9F (-23C) but it looks nice with the 2" (5cm) of snow covering the ground.

I wasn't in the mood to paint a snow scene, so I decided to paint a sunset, but added some dark rain clouds to have them hovering on the edges of the sky as the sun went down.

For this painting I used a limited palette of new gamboge, burnt sienna and French ultramarine blue to paint the sky and water.














French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna were mixed to create the distant shore and a touch of alizarin crimson as added to the mixture for the island and rocks.

I will post this painting at a later date once the island has been completed.

Thank you for looking at my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment