Saturday, August 30, 2014

Coral Reef I - A Work in Progress

Today was the first day of the Kawartha Arts Festival and we are going to have a hot, humid day with temperatures reaching 81F (27C) and the humidity making it feel like 90F (32C).

Fortunately there was a nice breeze blowing which made the weather more bearable and it helped to bring out a steady stream of people to visit the show.

I worked on a number of pieces today including this one of a coral reef in Roatan that I had started last year (see post on 16 March 2013).












I added more coral to both sides of the rock face on Newman's Wall and put in a few more details to define the coral.

I will post this painting at a later date once I decide what kinds of fish and where I am going to place them in this painting.

I look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow for the last day of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment