Saturday, July 26, 2014

Art@the Locks

I don't normally do outdoor shows where I take my own tent and set up everything inside it and then have the hassle of taking all the paintings and tent down each night only to do it all over again the following day. Especially not when they are calling for rain all weekend long.

However, I enjoyed this show where I shared my tent with fellow artist Cindy Allan who picked out a lovely spot right beside the locks at the Lockside Trading Company in Youngs Point. When I was not painting or speaking with the public I spent my time taking photographs of the various boats as they passed through the lock.














The day was 72F (22C) with a gentle breeze blowing and it didn't start to cloud over until everything was safely put into the vehicle.

I would like to thank new collector Ms. Sharon Black of Selwyn, Ontario on her purchase of Snow 1 (see post on 10 March 2011).

Hopefully, tomorrow will be the same as today and the rain will hold off until the end of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment