Saturday, March 1, 2014

ACEO - Pine Reflections 2

Today I was going through a number of small paintings that I wanted to complete, so I pulled out this piece that I had started last year (see post on 25 April 2013).

I started by putting in the few background trees that would peek through the foreground trees with various greens made from Antwerp blue, French ultramarine blue, raw sienna and new gamboge.

Then I darkened the various greens again and painted the trees on the islands.

With a dark of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I put in some dead tree trunks and a few branches on the larger trees.

Using raw sienna and burnt sienna I put in the grasses and growies at the base of the trees.

Using mixtures of alizarin crimson, burnt sienna and French ultramarine blue I put in the rocks.

Lastly, using various greens I brushed in the reflections of the pine tree into the water.

Thank you for looking at my artwork.

If you would like more information about ACEO please go to my post on 11 March 2010.

The ACEO shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Windsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Fabriano 100% cotton, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $20.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment