Friday, December 6, 2013

OSWOA - Mystical 1 revisited

I was looking at this painting that I did with a class last month (see post on 13 November 2013) there were a number of things I wanted to change.

Using the same two colours in the painting, which were Antwerp blue and burnt sienna I started by changing the trees on the background island.

I added a dead tree trunk into the closer area of land and worked on the tree on the right side.

Next I worked on the water in the foreground to get rid of the run back area and make it more uniform.

The foreground rock needed a little more colour as well and I added a wash of burnt sienna.

While the paint was drying I decided I didn't like the three branches on the largest tree that were too uniform so I went back and added another smaller tree on top to cover that part.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 140lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment