Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dockside 1 and 2 - Two Works in Progress

Today I am sitting the Winter Delights Art Show at KAGS.

It seems every time I try do some work on these two little pieces I have a lot of people come through a show that take me away from working on them (see postings on 16 October 2012, 09 February 2013, 20 May 2013 and 15 August 2013).

Fortunately that was not the case and I did get to do more work on these pieces and hopefully will get them completed shortly.

Dockside 1

On the first one I completed the two larger gulls; then drew in the rope onto the one post.

Next I worked back and forth between the paintings first putting the under paint on all of the posts.

The time consuming part was getting the more detailed top layers down and completing that part on two of the posts.

Dockside 2

I will post each of these paintings at a later date as they are completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment