Tuesday, October 8, 2013

On Golden Pond - A Work in Progress

Since today I was painting with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group I took along a number of paintings from Magnetawan.

This is a sketch I had started (see posting 30 October 2011) one afternoon the first time I went to Magnetawan while I was sitting on the bench by the well that overlooked a quiet inlet.

Since the original reference photographs were lost when I had computer problems I decided to bring the sketch with me this year and try and get it completed.

This year there were a lot more leaves on the trees and I made changes to the sketch and masked out the areas that need to be kept clean for the bright coloured leaves and sunlit areas.

I will post this painting at a later date once more work on it has been completed.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment