Saturday, September 28, 2013

Barns VII-XI

I had such an enjoyable day earlier this week driving through the countryside and finding interesting barns to sketch, I thought I would do it again today, this time I will take Highway 134 and go toward Keene, Ontario. 









Barn VII

Just north of Lakefield, Ontario I came across this barn that was in a field, below the level of the highway.













Barn VIII

A little further along the highway was a farm offering hay rides and they had a small herd of Gypsy Vanners. I liked the big sleigh they had in the field by the barns.














Barn IX

Right on the corner of Highway 134 and County Road 8 there was a large barn and in a small overgrown field beside it there was this smaller barn in among the trees which was quite interesting and had many broken boards.














Barn X

Shortly after crossing Highway 7 there are pastures with sheep grazing up on the hilly land and this large barn is just off one of the side roads; it is in good shape and well maintained.















Barn XI

It was late in the afternoon and from the sheep farm I turned around and started heading home when I came across this barn just off the road on another side road. It is falling down and appears to not being maintained.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and enjoy the artwork. I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment