Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OSWOA - Tree Tops 5

With it being so close to Christmas there was no class with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group and I decided to work on some of my smaller pieces here at home.

I decided to start with this piece that I had started a while ago (see post on 22 January 2012).

It needed some deciduous trees in the picture to add a little more interest from just having only coniferous trees.














I lightly sketched in the placement of them so I would have a reference to make it easier to paint.

First I added more detail onto the coniferous needles leaving some white areas for the snow on a few of the branches.

With various mixtures of French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna I painted in the tree trunks and branches.













If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour painting using Artist quality Winsor & Newton paint on 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment