Tuesday, January 8, 2013

OSWOA - Autumn Forest 2

Today I was at painting with the Buckhorn Tuesday Painting Group at St. Matthews Church in Buckhorn.

I was having a hard time deciding what I would like to paint and finally chose to work on this one (see posts on 24 August 2012 and 18 December 2012).

I used a sponge a various mixtures of yellow, orange and red to put in brighter background colours.

While the background was drying I painted the boathouse and the foreground rocks.

Using various mixtures of light and dark greens I put in the tall ancient pine trees that stood out sharply against the autumn colours behind them.

As the pine trees were drying I added some reflected colour into the foreground water.  

Then I painted in the tree trunks and a few dead trees into the background.

If you would like more information about OSWOA please go to my post on 12 March 2010.

The OSWOA shown here is an original watercolour paintings using Artist quality Windsor & Newton paint on 300lb. Arches 100% rag, acid free watercolour paper. It is priced at $40.00 and sold unframed.

No comments:

Post a Comment