Thursday, February 3, 2011

Barns in Autumn - Work in Progress

With having completed a barn with Emil VARGA last week (for Barns in Summer see my posting on 25 January 11).

Heather and I decided that we would continue with paintings of barns at her place today.

I enjoyed doing last week's barn so much that I have transferred my sketch down onto another piece of watercolour paper and and masked out the barn.

While I was waiting for the masking fluid to dry I repeated the transfer on two more pieces of watercolour paper will do this barn in all four seasons.

I washed in the sky with French ultramarine blue, leaving some white areas for clouds and then added a little burnt sienna to the blue and painted in a little bit of shadow into the base of the clouds.

Using a sponge and mixtures of raw sienna, aureolin, alizarin crimson and cadmium red I decided to make this the autumn version and put in the Maple tree leaves.

Using pure raw sienna I brushed the under paint of the foreground grasses making sure to leave some areas of white.

Once the paint was dry I removed the masking fluid from the barns.

I will post this painting at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment