Sunday, August 15, 2010

Last Day of the Shades of Summer Art Show and Sale

With the last day being a half day only I decided to play with two colours French ultramarine blue and burnt sienna. Using the blue I brushed in the trunk of the tree and then had fun using sponges for the leaves.

I then brushed in the base at the bottom of the tree with the blue first and then added a wash of burnt sienna to the bottom. Using the sponge again I added a few areas of burnt sienna in among the blue leaves.

I will post this painting at a later date once more work on it has been completed.

















Blue Maple

I would like to thank new collector Ms. Lynne Nicholl-Griffith on her purchase of Snow Squall.

Today is the final day of the Shades of Summer Art Show and Sale. A total of five paintings were sold by Diane Collins, Susan Sydney and Helen Sheppard. Small items were also purchased from JoAnne Connell Northey and Diane Collins.

The hours for our show are:
15 Aug - 12:00pm - 5:00pm

Thank you for coming to look at my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment