Thursday, April 8, 2010

Going to the Fair

An original 15" x 19” watercolour, framed $980.00.

It is amazing what you can find when you go through old portfolios. This painting was on the cover of the November/December 1997 issue of Horse Talk Magazine.

My father started working for Canadian Breweries (when E.P. Taylor owned it) in the 50's driving transport. With his experience working in the lumber camps in Quebec skidding logs during the winter months with horses he was a good choice to be given the responsibility in the 70's for hauling the number one show team of Carlsberg Belgians throughout Ontario and Quebec.















Because of this I have a special place in my heart for the Belgians. The painting shows the calm, gentle nature of the Belgian as she follows patiently along behind her tiny owner.

This painting is a part of my solo exhibition at Showplace Performance Centre, Peterborough, Ontario which runs from 31 Mar - 04 May 2010.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my artwork and I hope you will return often.

No comments:

Post a Comment